By Liis Hainla. Updated: February 2023.
We may receive a commission for purchases made through the links in this post. Learn more.
I’ve always had quite thin and fragile hair. But coupled with recent hormonal issues, my hair has been shedding like crazy and visibly turning even thinner. My temples are almost bare. I also stopped dying my hair at the risk of weakening the hair even more.
After burning through jars of vegan hair gummies and trying out all kinds of hair growth serums, I decided to give Vegamour a shot. Their online reviews have been great. Plus, this brand is fully vegan and uses cool natural ingredients such as vegan keratin and mung bean extract.
I’ve been using Vegamour’s Gro Revitalizing Shampoo And Conditioner for 4 months now and I must say, I am very impressed. If you are looking for a vegan shampoo for hair growth, I have only high praise for this set. After 4 months, my hair is much longer and denser.
Shop Gro Shampoo & Conditioner Kit Here
Vegamour is a 100% vegan haircare brand from Los Angeles with a holistic, plant-based approach to hair care. They state on their website that great hair need not come from the expense of animals. I could not agree more.
This luxury haircare brand was founded in 2016 by Dan Hodgdon who comes from a family of organic farmers. The brand’s core value is using only clean organic ingredients that cause no harm to our bodies or to the environment around us. No toxins, no shady chemicals.
Crucially, the plant-based actives and enzymes Vegamour uses are formulated to have high bioavailability. This means that their ingredients are able to penetrate our hair and scalp and have an actual impact. Not all natural haircare brands can promise that.
My first impression of this luxury vegan haircare brand is great. It has strong values, its choice of natural ingredients is well thought out and it is not owned by a greedy corporation. It’s certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny as well as vegan and plant-powered.
Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner Specs
From Vegamour, I decided to try their bestselling Gro Revitalizing Shampoo and Conditioner Kit. This set promises to boost hair growth and density and reduce shedding. Exactly what I needed. The duo also promises to make hair overall shinier and healthier.
Here are the main ingredients of this vegan shampoo and conditioner:
- Karmatin™ (vegan keratin)
- Mung bean
- Red clover
- Marula oil
- Murumuru butter
- Ximenia oil
The star of this vegan hair growth set is definitely karmatin. I had not seen any other vegan keratins on the market and this one is highly promising. Karmatin is a microencapsulated vegan b-SILK™ protein that is made from fermenting yeast and sugar.
Working the same way as animal-derived keratin, karmatin fills in the porous gaps in hair strands, thereby making hair smoother, denser, and stronger. So here’s a totally safe, plant-based, non-toxic version of a keratin treatment.
In addition to vegan keratin, you’ll get plant extracts with impressive science-backed results. Mung bean is shown to strengthen the base of the hair follicle, curcumin can lengthen the hair’s growth phase, and red clover can hinder DHT production which is one of the causes of hair loss.
Last but not the least, Gro vegan conditioner is packed with beautiful plant oils to condition, hydrate, and nourish the hair. This natural vegan hair kit is safe for all hair types, including colored hair. Can’t wait to try it out.
Are Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner Good?
Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner are so good, they totally exceeded my expectations. My hair has stopped shedding almost completely, I’m growing lots of new hair and my hair looks shiny and healthy. These products also smell fantastic.
Before trying this kit, I was skeptical about whether natural plant-based extracts can have an actual effect on thinning hair. But since Vegamour is all about bioavailable plant enzymes and proteins, somehow these ingredients really did get into my hair and made a difference.
I wish this vegan shampoo and conditioner were cheaper but it’s definitely a salon-quality set. It deserves to be in the Oribe price range. In fact, it’s better than Oribe. Hair looks as shiny and silky as after washing with Oribe Gold Lust but Vegamour also makes the hair grow.
Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner Pros
Here are the pros of Vegamour Gro shampoo and conditioner after using them for 4 months:
- Lots of new hair – This is the biggest wow effect from Vegamour. I’m growing lots of new hair, especially around my forehead. You can see the strands of new hair standing up in almost every photo. It’s difficult to tame them but I’m very happy to have them.
- Speeded hair growth – With these four months I’ve been using Vegamour, my hair has grown around 6 cm, this is the fastest growth for me ever.
- No more shedding – I don’t know if it’s the products or something about my natural hair cycle but my hair has stopped falling out. It used to come out in handfuls, no it’s only a few strands when combing and washing.
- Hair feels stronger – My fine hair feels much stronger and denser to the touch. Vegan keratin must really work to repair the hair follicle, I’m a believer.
- Hair is smooth – I would actually buy this shampoo and conditioner for this reason alone. My hair is silky smooth after blow-drying, no styling products are needed.
- Hair is shiny – My natural dark blonde hair color is shining. There are some beautiful bronze hues in my hair I never noticed before.
- Great lather – This shampoo has a really luxurious lather. You need only a small amount of product for it to foam, it makes for a nice washing experience.
- Amazing scent – Seeing mung bean and clover on the ingredient list, I was afraid of a rather offputting medicinal scent. But these products have the best scent ever! The shampoo has a fresh and a bit fruity expensive salon-quality shampoo smell.
- Products last a long time – I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week but it’s still incredible that these 236 ml tubes have lasted me well over 4 months. I have a few washes still left.
Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner Cons
Here are the cons of Vegamour Gro shampoo and conditioner:
- The products are expensive – Vegamourr products are pretty pricey, I’m not used to paying over 20 dollars for a shampoo. It’s definitely an investment.
- Hair can feel a bit heavy – This set is very moisturizing and nourishing, so if you have fine hair, you won’t get a lot of volume with these products. On a night out, I would wash my hair with something lighter and more volumizing.
- Packaging is not leak-proof – I travel pretty often, so I prefer more secure packaging to carry the set with me. Screw tops would work better for traveling.
- The products include essential oils – This is not a problem for me personally and I love how Vegamour products smell, but essential oils might not suit very sensitive scalps.
FAQ About Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner
Is Vegamour vegan?
Yes. Vegamour is 100% vegan, they are also officially certified by Leaping Bunny.
is Vegamour legit?
Yes. This company is legit. They have excellent values and they offer luxurious vegan haircare products to boost hair growth and hair health.
Is the Vegamour Gro Shampoo And Conditioner Set worth it?
Yes, absolutely. These are high-quality vegan haircare products that boost hair growth and help you achieve smoother and stronger hair.
Does Vegamour Gro make your hair grow?
Yes. My experience with the shampoo and conditioner is that my hair started to grow back. It also helps to stop the hair from shedding.
Vegamour is as good of a brand as it looks on its website. They really know their haircare and the Gro Revitalizing Set is there to prove it. My hair has not looked as good in years and I hope the hair growth continues.
I will be definitely ordering this shampoo and conditioner again. Next, I want to also try Gro Hair Serum. I’m happy and grateful there are vegan haircare brands like Vegamour out there that utilize the power of plants without any trade-offs in quality.
Shop Gro Shampoo & Conditioner Kit Here
My name is Liis. I have been a vegan for a long time and I advocate for the vegan lifestyle. Through Vegan Avenue, I aim to provide quality information about vegan products and bring attention to amazing vegan companies.